Today I was thinking about the fitness part of my blog and realize that I have not put anything there, so here it is my first fitness post. Honestly I have never though I will say this ever in my life. That is because 5 years ago I was 15 kg more and never in my life was near a gym. Then one Saturday morning I went to my first Zumba class and fell in love.
Then by and by my eating habits changed, my fitness went up and VOALA one day I put my but in size 10 (UK) jeans. The feeling was amazing!!! If I have to be honest thought after this I start been more careful with my diet and still manage to keep it. This I think is not entirely true as the last few months I started gaining weight and loosing track. Not too bad still but I put for my self a line, which I promised never to go over (unless in certain cases).
So the last few days I am trying to remember how I kept it going 5 years ago. As they say if you did it once you can do it again :o) and here I will just try to make a list of all this things:
- Been active – I was training 5 times a week for an hour
- Reduce the calorie intake, without closing the door for certain foods if you have bad cravings. But just eat half of this nice muffin or just a small piece of chocolate. I always hated to feel restricted and this for me a basic of screwing up with the diets. Just eat everything you like but try to keep the balance.
- Clean eating, trying to have lots and lots of vegetables in the meal and a piece of lean meat or an egg or a bit of cheese. I started with making a huge bowls with iceberg salad and then went to small ones and kept the small ones
- Don’t buy anything that is naughty! I can keep my hands off putting things in my shopping basket, but if they are in the cupboard – no chance
- Always remember then loosing weight is 80% what you put in your mouth and 20% exercises – one doesn’t go without the other. I try with just diet as I changed job recently but it didn’t go fine so now trying to go back doing both
- I have seen on the internet people talk a lot about the water, this is the only one thing that I didn’t have to change as I have always drinking lots and lots of water, but if you are on the way to loosing weight and changing your habits, you have to start drinking water
- This is not a rule but definitely will help, research showed that if you do it with a friend you are 45% percent more likely to be successful. If you can find a friend is always better if you have a company on the way to the gym or if you feeling that you are going to fail into the trap of a craving someone to call/text and to give you a shoulder in the fight. Someone to go shopping with for the one size less cloths :o). If you can’t find a friend I am more then happy to pair up with you and try to share the experience :o) I am not joking if you want to pair up write me here or just tag me @scifoodfit
Now writing this post I had to remind myself that it is a change that need to be done for in the lifestyle, so I don’t have to put my self in the low, but trying to cut completely some staff and then making it tormenting me psychologically. Here it is the simple rules that helped me loose some weight, having said this do not be fooled, I did eat some biscuit here and there but mainly it was apples and iceberg, it wasn’t entirely flawless journey, but it wasn’t too bad and I believe that if I did it everyone can do it!!!